Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Flagship Culinary Services
Your friends and loved ones will go crazy for these soft, swirly beauties. These perfectly sweet Cinnamon Roll Cookies with cream cheese frosting are amazing paired with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or let them melt in your mouth when they’re fresh out of the oven.
- 1/2 lb Butter
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Egg
- 1 Tbs Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbs Ground Cinnamon
- 3 Cup AP Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze Ingredients
- 4oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 Tbs Milk
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs 1 at a time and then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the 1Tbs cinnamon, flour, baking powder, and salt and stir into the creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
- For the filling, melt the butter and add in the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the dough into a 12×6 inch rectangle.
- Spread 1/3 of the cinnamon mixture over the rectangle and roll lengthwise into a log. Cut into 1/2 inch segments.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees and allow to cool before glazing with cream cheese icing.
- Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Add in vanilla extract and milk. Drizzle over baked cookies
Contributed by: Chef Albert Supan